Job Summary: The Medical Specialist is responsible for coordination and monitoring of healthcare and medical appointments in a residential setting. Direct Support Professional III – Medical Specialists assist clients with all activities of daily living, personal cares, and program implementation. Responsible for the daily well-being and safety of the clients he/she works with. Ensure adequate supervision of clients; assist with household maintenance and housekeeping.
Mount Olivet Rolling Acres – MORA – is a diverse and inclusive nonprofit has supported adults, seniors and children with developmental disabilities, behavioral health needs as well as age-related and chronic medical conditions for over 50 years in the Twin Cities metro.
An array of services: Adult Day Services, Contracted Case Management, Community Supports, over 30 Residential Homes, Respite, Therapeutic Recreation, Training for Guardians & Families, and a unique therapeutic Summer Camp for Youth with Autism. Our Metro Crisis Coordination Program (MCCP) offers a safety net of crucial and cost-effective services for adults and children.
Pay Range: $16.50 – $22.40 DOQ; $3.00 more for weekends and overnights; 1500 bonus for full time paid out over one year.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists clients with daily cares, medical needs and supports, ADLs and mental health supports
- Works closely with Health Services, house Program Supervisor and house Program Coordinator
- Responsible for scheduling and attending client appointments, preparing referrals and other required documents for clinicians or external parties
- Oversight of medical appointment information exchange, including documenting and relaying updates or concerns to the IDT as requested, including the MORA Nurse and house team
- Oversight of the medication administration record (MAR), ensuring it is up to date with current medication lists and information needed per each client
- Orders all medications, prepare the new MAR at the end of each month, file old MAR, check medications weekly and remove expired medications
- Ensures the safe use of adaptive medical equipment (DME) for the clients
- Participates in interdisciplinary team (IDT) process and assists with developing and implementing program goals
- Accompanies clients to community activities
- Demonstrates an understanding of the person as a unique individual and how to implement programs in accordance with the Coordinated Service and Support Plan (CSSP), Coordinated Service and Support Plan Addendum (CSSP-A), and Individual Abuse Prevention plan
- Provides person-centered services demonstrated through practice, action, and language
- Assists with daily housekeeping and household maintenance
- Ensures adequate supervision of clients, including remaining on shift until a replacement employee arrives
- Works harmoniously with and shows respect to all internal and external individuals
- Communicates effectively with others at work verbally and in writing, using the primary spoken language of clients in the home
- Administers medications following medication administration guidelines
- Completes all mandatory training either determined by MORA or 245D regulations
- Reads and follows company policies and procedures
- Documents program data and daily log information accurately and in a timely fashion
- Ability to use the computer and do so in alignment with client needs for healthcare and overall care
- Collaborates with the team to complete other duties as assigned or as needed
Positions that include flex hours: flexible hours are to be used based on the client needs, including but not limited to; client annual meetings, medical appointments, and day program closures. Flex time is also used to provide oversight and management of administrative tasks within the home, including but not limited to; assisting with training, house schedules as needed and onboarding employees, evaluation of employee’s performance and care for clients, house audits, licensing, and other pertinent matters within the home.
- Interest and/or experience in working with persons with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities in a healthcare oversight capacity
- 1-3 years of experience with clients with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong ability to work with and support a team in understanding client healthcare needs, management of appointments and working closely with the IDT and MORA Team (PC, PS, Nurse, PD)
- Must pass Department of Human Services background check and maintain qualified status
- Must not be excluded from working in government health programs by the Office of Inspector General
- Must be able to successfully complete company’s basic job skills assessment
- If using own vehicle for company business, must have a current valid driver’s license and must have insurance as required by state law
- Successful completion of Medication Administration class, regularly passes medications using correct procedure without error
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or be granted a medical or religious exemption by Mount Olivet Rolling Acres.
Benefits: Full time employees receive a comprehensive and competitive benefit package, including:
- Medical insurance with company sponsored health reimbursement account and health savings account
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance; employee, spouse and children’s coverage options
- Long-term disability and short-term disability
- Flexible spending; medical and dependent care
- 403b retirement plans that match after 1 years of employment
- Paid time off up to three weeks annually which increases after the first year of employment
- Opportunity for usage of our private vacation property west of Duluth (McGregor, MN)
- Awards for outstanding employee performance and promotion opportunities
- Generous tuition reimbursement and scholarship opportunities!
- Many opportunities for advancement. Mount Olivet Rolling Acres promotes from within
Cherishing the big-hearted heritage of our beginnings, we actively advocate for equity and inclusion for the individuals we serve and for our employees. Healthy. Happy. Human. Join us. MORAcares.org/careers/
Mount Olivet Rolling Acres is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.