Job Summary: Direct Support Professional (DSPO) assists client with all the activities of daily living, personal cares and program implementation. Responsible for the daily well-being and safety of the clients he/she supervises. Ensure adequate supervision of clients; assist with household maintenance and housekeeping. Assist the clients with overnight emergencies.
Mount Olivet Rolling Acres – MORA – is a diverse and inclusive nonprofit has supported adults, seniors and children with developmental disabilities, behavioral health needs as well as age-related and chronic medical conditions for over 50 years in the Twin Cities metro.
An array of services: Adult Day Services, Contracted Case Management, Community Supports, over 30 Residential Homes, Respite, Therapeutic Recreation, Training for Guardians & Families, and a unique therapeutic Summer Camp for Youth with Autism. Our Metro Crisis Coordination Program (MCCP) offers a safety net of crucial and cost-effective services for adults and children.
Pay: $14.00-$20.00 Starting, with $3.00 weekend and overnight differentials. $1500 Retention bonus for full time or $750 for part time paid out over one year.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- maintains living unit
- must remain awake and alert during the entire shift
- completes special cleaning projects
- handles medical and behavioral concerns
- greets/monitors clients upon arriving to work
- communicates with evening staff to discuss any client concerns
- locks all exits properly
- assists clients with overnight concerns or emergencies as needed
- communicates with morning staff on any client concerns
- assists clients with activities of daily living and personal cares
- participates in interdisciplinary team process: assists with developing, and implementing goals
- documents electronically program data and daily log information accurately and in a timely fashion
- assists with daily household maintenance, housekeeping, performs assigned cleaning and tasks
- attends and maintains current mandatory training
- ensures adequate supervision of clients, including “if your shift replacement does not arrive, you are expected to remain on shift at your worksite until a suitable replacement staff has been located and arrives to replace you.”
- works harmoniously with and shows respect for employees, supervisors, vendors and clients
- communicates effectively with others at work verbally and in writing, using the primary spoken language of clients in the home
- administers medications without errors
- reads and follows company policies and procedures
- demonstrates mastery of basic computer skills
- performs other duties as assigned
- must have an interest /experience in working with Developmental Disabilities.
- currently employed as a full time DSPO for at least 1 year
- has successfully completed Med Administration course and is regularly passing meds using correct procedures without error
- certified in CPR
- demonstrated skills and good judgement with crises
- has developed skills beyond the basic requirements of the job
- applies special areas of knowledge to work in a way that increases the quality of the organization
- active member of the household team
- surpasses the minimum expectations for house cleaning
- Must pass Department of Human Services background check and maintain” qualified” status
- Must not be excluded from working in government health programs by the Office of Inspector General
- Must be able to successfully complete company’s basic job skills assessments
- Must have a valid current driver’s license and must have vehicle insurance as required by state law
- Successful completion of Medication Administration class, regularly passes medications using correct procedure without error
Benefits: Full time employees receive a comprehensive and competitive benefit package, including:
- Medical insurance with company sponsored health reimbursement account and health savings account
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance; employee, spouse and children’s coverage options
- Long-term disability and short-term disability
- Flexible spending; medical and dependent care
- 403b retirement plans that match after 1 years of employment
- Paid time off up to three weeks annually which increases after the first year of employment
- Opportunity for usage of our private vacation property west of Duluth (McGregor, MN)
- Awards for outstanding employee performance and promotion opportunities
- Generous tuition reimbursement and scholarship opportunities!
- Many opportunities for advancement. Mount Olivet Rolling Acres promotes from within
Cherishing the big-hearted heritage of our beginnings, we actively advocate for equity and inclusion for the individuals we serve and for our employees. Healthy. Happy. Human. Join us. MORAcares.org/careers/
Mount Olivet Rolling Acres is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.