Job Summary: Delivery of licensed Individualized Home Supports & Respite Services in non-licensed community settings.
Mount Olivet Rolling Acres – MORA – is a diverse and inclusive nonprofit has supported adults, seniors and children with developmental disabilities, behavioral health needs as well as age-related and chronic medical conditions for over 50 years in the Twin Cities metro.
An array of services: Adult Day Services, Contracted Case Management, Community Supports, over 30 Residential Homes, Respite, Therapeutic Recreation, Training for Guardians & Families, and a unique therapeutic Summer Camp for Youth with Autism. Our Metro Crisis Coordination Program (MCCP) offers a safety net of crucial and cost-effective services for adults and children.
Pay: $14.00; Starting, with $1500 bonus for full time
Monday- Friday 8 hour shifts
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver community-based services for individuals living independently or with family.
- Ensure individuals are advised of, understand, and are empowered to exercise their rights with privacy practices/HIPAA, agency policy and procedures for maltreatment reporting, and agency policies and procedures for reporting a grievance.
- Assist individuals to practice and develop skills that increase independence and community participation.
- Be comfortable with assisting individuals that need support with personal care and assistance with medication when needed.
- Be an advocate and empower individuals in settings where this is needed – with guardian, medical professionals, community, etc. Problem solve with Program Coordinators and Program Supervisor about strategies to help individuals with assertiveness and exercising rights.
- Work in tandem with individual, guardian where applicable, Program Coordinators, and Program Supervisor to develop programs/outcomes that are person-centered for individuals receiving 1:1 skills training.
- Communicate with Program Coordinators and Program Supervisor about progress with outcomes and how outcomes may be modified to support individual toward success.
- Complete all mandatory training determined by MORA or 245D regulations.
- Complete service entries and daily shift documentation for individuals receiving community-based services meeting deadlines for billing.
- Develop and assist as needed with delivery of other unit based and daily rate services including In-Home Respite and annual programs like Camp Respite and Community Supports at McGregor Cabins.
- Develop and assist as needed with collaborative recreational opportunities that increase opportunities for group socialization for individuals.
- Adhere to processes and procedures related to Electronic Visit Verification.
- Treat individuals supported with dignity and respect in the performance of duties outlined in this job description and to uphold the rights of those individuals.
- Provides person-centered services demonstrated through practice, action, and language.
- Works harmoniously with and shows respect to all internal and external individuals.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by Program Supervisor and/or Senior Program Director.
- Professional, personal, and volunteer experience working with people experiencing Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, and/or Traumatic Brain Injury and/or Mental Illness is helpful, but not essential.
- Meet and maintain Qualification by Department of Human Services background check.
- Must not be excluded from working in government health programs by the Office of Inspector General.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and carry insurance as required by state law.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or be granted a medical or religious exemption by Mount Olivet Rolling Acres.
Benefits: Full-time employees receive a comprehensive and competitive benefit package including:
- Medical insurance with company sponsored health reimbursement account and health savings account
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance; employee, spouse and children’s coverage options
- Long-term disability and short-term disability
- Flexible spending; medical and dependent care
- 403b retirement plans that match after 1 years of employment
- Paid time off up to three weeks annually which increases after the first year of employment
- Opportunity for usage of our private vacation property west of Duluth (McGregor, MN)
- Awards for outstanding employee performance and promotion opportunities
- Generous tuition reimbursement and scholarship opportunities!
- Many opportunities for advancement. Mount Olivet Rolling Acres promotes from within.
Cherishing the big-hearted heritage of our beginnings, we actively advocate for equity and inclusion for the individuals we serve and for our employees. Healthy. Happy. Human. Join us. MORAcares.org/careers/
Mount Olivet Rolling Acres is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.