Job Summary: This temporary, full-time position supports teens with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) who are participating in the Summer Day Program at Mount Olivet Rolling Acres. Responsible for the planning and daily management of the Discover Summer autism day camp. The Camp Coordinator works with and leads the other camp staff in implementing a full day program of activities for youth on the autism spectrum.
Mount Olivet Rolling Acres – MORA – is a diverse and inclusive nonprofit that has supported adults, seniors and children with developmental disabilities, behavioral health needs as well as age-related and chronic medical conditions for over 50 years in the Twin Cities metro.
An array of services: Adult Day Services, Contracted Case Management, Community Supports, over 30 Residential Homes, Respite, Therapeutic Recreation, Training for Guardians & Families, and a unique therapeutic Summer Camp for Youth with Autism. Our Metro Crisis Coordination Program (MCCP) offers a safety net of crucial and cost-effective services for adults and children.
Hourly Base Rate: $18.75-$24.00
Temporary Summer Position, mid-May to late August, Mon-Fri 8am-4pm
Essential Job Functions-Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- assists with planning and developing the camp program and schedule
- assists with coordination and communication with camper families and other MORA departments during camp
- trains, supports and supervises camp staff
- assists campers with camp activities and personal cares
- accompanies campers on community field trips
- implements behavior support plans with campers
- documents program information accurately and in a timely fashion
- coordinates daily camp maintenance, housekeeping
- ensures adequate supervision of campers in all indoor and outdoor environments, including waterfront
- works harmoniously with and shows due respect for other employees, supervisors, vendors and clients
- communicates effectively with others at work verbally and in writing, using the primary spoken language of the campers
- administers medications without errors
- reads and follows company policies and procedures
- performs other duties as assigned
- three plus years of experience working with people on the autism spectrum
- excellent communication skills and abilities to work with youth who have challenging behavior
- proven knowledge of and/or ability to learn unique skills for serving people with ASD
- must pass Department of Human Services background check and maintain “qualified” status
- must not be excluded from working in government health programs by the Office Of Inspector General
- must be able to successfully complete company’s basic job skills assessment
- if using own vehicle for company business, must have a current valid driver’s license and must have insurance as required by state law.
Cherishing the big-hearted heritage of our beginnings, we actively advocate for equity and inclusion for the individuals we serve and for our employees. Healthy. Happy. Human. Join us. MORAcares.org/careers/
Mount Olivet Rolling Acres is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.