Job Summary: This temporary, full time, seasonal position supports teens with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) who are participating in the Summer Day Program at Mount Olivet Rolling Acres (MORA). Duties include implementation of therapeutic recreation and social skills activities along with care and supervision of people with disabilities.
Mount Olivet Rolling Acres – MORA – is a diverse and inclusive nonprofit that has supported adults, seniors and children with developmental disabilities, behavioral health needs as well as age-related and chronic medical conditions for over 50 years in the Twin Cities metro.
An array of services: Adult Day Services, Contracted Case Management, Community Supports, over 30 Residential Homes, Respite, Therapeutic Recreation, Training for Guardians & Families, and a unique therapeutic Summer Camp for Youth with Autism. Our Metro Crisis Coordination Program (MCCP) offers a safety net of crucial and cost-effective services for adults and children.
Hourly Base Rate: $18.00
June to August, Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm, except residential camp two weeks in Jul
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participates in implementing individualized service plans.
- Carries out individual and group activities with clients.
- Works cooperatively with the Summer Program Team to assure positive program outcomes.
- Works two weeks during summer at MORA’s residential camp in northern Minnesota.
- Assists clients in community integration activities.
- Implements client behavior support plans as needed.
- Assists with personal/physical cares as needed.
- Works harmoniously with and shows due respect for other employees, supervisors, vendors, and clients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience leading activities for people with special needs
- Excellent communication skills and abilities to work with youth who have challenging behavior
- Proven knowledge of and/or ability to learn unique skills for serving people with ASD
- Compatibility with MORA mission
- Demonstrated ability to use computer technology for written communication, learning, and research
- Interest/experience in working with persons with ASD and other developmental disabilities
- Must pass Department of Human Services background check and maintain “qualified” status
- Must not be excluded from working in government health programs by the Office of Inspector General
- Must be able to successfully complete company’s basic job skills assessments
- Must have a valid current driver’s license and must have insurance as required by state law
Cherishing the big-hearted heritage of our beginnings, we actively advocate for equity and inclusion for the individuals we serve and for our employees. Healthy. Happy. Human. Join us. MORAcares.org/careers/
Mount Olivet Rolling Acres is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.