Job Summary: Therapeutic Recreation Enrichment Lead (Level I) provides enrichment through therapeutic programming for MORA service populations by planning, coordinating, and implementing activities for groups or individuals. Oversees the Discover Summer Camp program and seasonal staff.
Mount Olivet Rolling Acres – MORA – is a diverse and inclusive nonprofit that has supported adults, seniors and children with developmental disabilities, behavioral health needs as well as age-related and chronic medical conditions for over 50 years in the Twin Cities metro.
An array of services: Adult Day Services, Contracted Case Management, Community Supports, over 30 Residential Homes, Respite, Therapeutic Recreation, Training for Guardians & Families, and a unique therapeutic Summer Camp for Youth with Autism. Our Metro Crisis Coordination Program (MCCP) offers a safety net of crucial and cost-effective services for adults and children.
Pay Range: $18.00-$24.00 Hourly DOQ; Plus an additional $3.00 weekend and overnight differentials.
Hours can vary between days, evenings and weekends based on programing and seasonal needs.
Retention Bonus: $1500 paid out throughout the first year of employment
Key Duties & Responsibilities of the Therapeutic Recreation Enrichment Lead (Level I):
- Works with residential/Community Support staff assisting individuals or groups in recreational activities
- Encourages participation in leisure/recreational activities
- Plan and facilitate group activities with residents/clients using the Pearson Center (the gym/activity space) and community.
- Plans and implements virtual programs following MORA technology guidelines and safety measures
- Coordinates with teams and house regarding activities in the community meeting specific person-centered goals
- Coordinates distribution of resources and opportunities within and outside of MORA
- Prepares equipment and ensures availability of supplies and transportation for scheduled activities
- Assist with Special Olympics Program.
- Must be a Special Olympic Level 2 coach.
- Co-Coordinates Mount Olivet United youth buddy program with Mount Olivet Lutheran Church West Youth leaders
- Monitors and records residents’ participation (formal/informal)
- Plan and schedule Discover Summer Camp program with Discover Summer Camp Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator.
- Co-Coordinates staff training: Discover Summer Camp counselors.
- Coordinates contracted (vendors) and volunteer program facilitators for summer camp
- Co-Coordinate seasonal activities and special events
- Pearson Center programing coverage when needed
- Assists with personal/physical cares as needed
- Works harmoniously with and shows due respect for employees, supervisors, vendors, and consumers
- Set up and Clean-up of facility and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned as a Therapeutic Recreation Enrichment Lead (Level 1)
- Bachelor’s degree in Recreation Therapy, Recreation Programming, or related fields
- CTRS or eligible within 12 months of employment.
- must have excellent communications skills
- proficient in basic computer skills
- two or more years’ experience in field of Developmental Disabilities or related field· proven leadership skills
- CPR, Med Administration Certified
- must pass Department of Human Services background check and maintain “qualified” status
- must not be excluded from working in government health programs by the Office of Inspector General
- must be able to successfully complete company’s basic job skills assessment
- must have a current valid driver’s license and must have insurance as required by state law
Benefits: Full time employees receive a comprehensive and competitive benefit package, including:
- Medical insurance with company sponsored health reimbursement account and health savings account
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance; employee, spouse, and children’s coverage options
- Long-term disability and short-term disability
- Flexible spending; medical and dependent care
- 403b retirement plans that match after 1 years of employment
- Paid time off up to three weeks annually which increases after the first year of employment
- Opportunity for usage of our private vacation property west of Duluth (McGregor, MN)
- Awards for outstanding employee performance and promotion opportunities
- Generous tuition reimbursement and scholarship opportunities!
- Many opportunities for advancement. Mount Olivet Rolling Acres promotes from within
Cherishing the big-hearted heritage of our beginnings, we actively advocate for equity and inclusion for the individuals we serve and for our employees. Healthy. Happy. Human. Join us. MORAcares.org/careers/
Mount Olivet Rolling Acres is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.