.Job Summary: Direct Support Professionals assist clients with all the activities of daily living, personal cares, and program implementation. Responsible for the daily well-being and safety of the clients, while ensuring adequate supervision. Assist with household maintenance and housekeeping and is responsible for various tasks to support the home
Mount Olivet Rolling Acres – MORA – is a diverse and inclusive nonprofit has supported adults, seniors and children with developmental disabilities, behavioral health needs as well as age-related and chronic medical conditions for over 50 years in the Twin Cities metro.
An array of services: Adult Day Services, Contracted Case Management, Community Supports, over 30 Residential Homes, Respite, Therapeutic Recreation, Training for Guardians & Families, and a unique therapeutic Summer Camp for Youth with Autism. Our Metro Crisis Coordination Program (MCCP) offers a safety net of crucial and cost-effective services for adults and children.
Pay: $14.00-$20.00 Starting, with $3.00 weekend and overnight differentials. $1500 Retention bonus for full time or $750 for part time paid out over one year.
Essential Job Functions and Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists clients with daily cares, medical needs and supports, ADLs and mental health supports
- Accompanies client/s to appointments and community activities
- Demonstrates an understanding of the person as a unique individual and how to implement programs in accordance with the Coordinated Service and Support Plan (CSSP), Coordinated Service and Support Plan Addendum (CSSP-A), and Individual Abuse Prevention plan
- Provides person-centered services demonstrated through practice, action, and language
- Assists with daily housekeeping and household maintenance
- Ensures adequate supervision of clients, including remaining on shift until a replacement employee arrives
- Works harmoniously with and shows respect to all internal and external individuals
- Communicates effectively with others at work verbally and in writing, using the primary spoken language of clients in the home
- Administers medications following medication administration guidelines
- Completes all mandatory training either determined by MORA or 245D regulations
- Reads and follows company policies and procedures
- Documents program data and daily log information accurately and in a timely fashion
- Collaborates with the team to complete other duties as assigned or as needed
- Interest in supporting clients with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, and/or mental health needs
- Ability to use the computer and do so in alignment with client needs for healthcare and overall care
- Must pass Department of Human Services background check and maintain qualified status
- Must not be excluded from working in government health programs by the Office of Inspector General
- Must be able to successfully complete company’s basic job skills assessments
- Must have a valid current driver’s license and must have vehicle insurance as required by state law
Benefits: Full time employees receive a comprehensive and competitive benefit package, including:
- Medical insurance with company sponsored health reimbursement account and health savings account
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance; employee, spouse and children’s coverage options
- Long-term disability and short-term disability
- Flexible spending; medical and dependent care
- 403b retirement plans that match after 1 years of employment
- Paid time off up to three weeks annually which increases after the first year of employment
- Opportunity for usage of our private vacation property west of Duluth (McGregor, MN)
- Awards for outstanding employee performance and promotion opportunities
- Generous tuition reimbursement and scholarship opportunities!
- Many opportunities for advancement. Mount Olivet Rolling Acres promotes from within
Cherishing the big-hearted heritage of our beginnings, we actively advocate for equity and inclusion for the individuals we serve and for our employees. Healthy. Happy. Human. Join us. MORAcares.org/careers/
Mount Olivet Rolling Acres is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.