Job Summary: Direct Support Professional III – Behavioral Specialist is responsible for oversight of client care related to mental health supports and potentially challenging behaviors. Behavioral Specialists are responsible for the well-being and safety of the clients they work with, training staff on behavioral supports, including but not limited to positive support tools, mental health outcomes, and individual diagnoses and plans pertaining to them. Ensures the clients’ care plans are followed. Assists clients with all activities of daily living, personal cares, and program implementation. Ensures adequate supervision of clients and assists with household maintenance and housekeeping.
Mount Olivet Rolling Acres – MORA – is a diverse and inclusive nonprofit has supported adults, seniors and children with developmental disabilities, behavioral health needs as well as age-related and chronic medical conditions for over 50 years in the Twin Cities metro.
An array of services: Adult Day Services, Contracted Case Management, Community Supports, over 30 Residential Homes, Respite, Therapeutic Recreation, Training for Guardians & Families, and a unique therapeutic Summer Camp for Youth with Autism. Our Metro Crisis Coordination Program (MCCP) offers a safety net of crucial and cost-effective services for adults and children.
Pay: $16.50-$22.40 per hour DOQ, $1500 Retention bonus for full time or $750 for part time paid throughout the year. Schedule: Monday-Friday Day Shifts, also looking for a 1:1 position.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists clients with daily cares, medical needs and supports, ADLs, and mental health supports.
- Works closely with Health Services, house Program Supervisor, and house Program Coordinator on areas related to mental health and behaviors.
- Responsible for training new staff on client Mental Health Outcomes, positive support strategies, behavior programming, and information specific to client mental health diagnoses.
- Works with Program Supervisor and Positive Supports Manager on creation and updates to Mental Health Outcomes.
- Completes training on specific mental health diagnoses for clients supported.
- Works with Program Coordinator to ensure staff are logging data on behavioral and mental health programming.
- Participates in MORA’s Behavior Response Team (BRT).
- Participates in IDT process and assists with developing and implementing program goals.
- Accompanies clients to community activities.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the person served (client) as a unique individual and how to implement programs in accordance with the Support Plan (SP), Support Plan Addendum (SP-A), Self-Management Assessment (SMA), and Individual Abuse Prevention plan (IAPP).
- Provides person-centered services demonstrated through practice, action, and language.
- Assists with daily housekeeping and household maintenance.
- Ensures adequate supervision of clients, including remaining on shift until a replacement employee arrives.
- Works harmoniously with and shows respect to clients, employees, supervisors, support teams, families, and vendors.
- Communicates effectively with others at work, both verbally and in writing, using the primary spoken language of clients in the home.
- Administers medications following medication administration guidelines.
- Completes all mandatory trainings that are determined by MORA and 245d regulations.
- Reads and follows company policies and procedures.
- Documents program data and daily-log information accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Ability to use the computer and do so in alignment with client needs for healthcare and overall care.
- Collaborates with the team to complete other duties as assigned or needed.
Positions that include flex hours: flexible hours are to be used based on the client needs, including but not limited to; client annual meetings, medical appointments, and day program closures. Flex time is also used to provide oversight and management of administrative tasks within the home, including but not limited to; assisting with training, house schedules as needed and onboarding employees, evaluation of employee’s performance and care for clients, house audits, licensing, and other pertinent matters within the home.
- Interest and/or experience in working with persons with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities in a healthcare oversight capacity
- 1 year of experience with clients with intellectual and developmental disabilities and mental health needs.
- 1 year of experience in Positive Supports.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Strong ability to work with and support a team in understanding client mental health needs and working closely with the IDT and MORA team (PC, PS, Nurse, PD).
- Must pass Department of Human Services background check and maintain qualified status
- Must not be excluded from working in government health programs by the Office of Inspector General
- Must be able to successfully complete company’s basic job skills assessment
- If using own vehicle for company business, must have a current valid driver’s license and must have insurance as required by state law
- Successful completion of Medication Administration class, regularly passes medications using correct procedure without error
Benefits: Full time employees receive a comprehensive and competitive benefit package, including:
- Medical insurance with company sponsored health reimbursement account and health savings account
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance; employee, spouse and children’s coverage options
- Long-term disability and short-term disability
- Flexible spending; medical and dependent care
- 403b retirement plans that match after 1 years of employment
- Paid time off up to three weeks annually which increases after the first year of employment
- Opportunity for usage of our private vacation property west of Duluth (McGregor, MN)
- Awards for outstanding employee performance and promotion opportunities
- Generous tuition reimbursement and scholarship opportunities!
- Many opportunities for advancement. Mount Olivet Rolling Acres promotes from within
Cherishing the big-hearted heritage of our beginnings, we actively advocate for equity and inclusion for the individuals we serve and for our employees. Healthy. Happy. Human. Join us. MORAcares.org/careers/
Mount Olivet Rolling Acres is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.