Job Summary: In charge of the household during the overnight shift, including managing medical problems, illness, injury, administering medications and maintaining the household of 6 or more clients. The Direct Support Professional Overnights III may have responsibilities beyond the general scope of the Direct Support Professional Overnights expectations. The Direct Support Professional Overnights III may develop extensive professionalism during their employment. The Direct Support Professional Overnights III will continue to work with a high level of responsibility and initiative
Mount Olivet Rolling Acres – MORA – is a diverse and inclusive nonprofit has supported adults, seniors and children with developmental disabilities, behavioral health needs as well as age-related and chronic medical conditions for over 50 years in the Twin Cities metro.
An array of services: Adult Day Services, Contracted Case Management, Community Supports, over 30 Residential Homes, Respite, Therapeutic Recreation, Training for Guardians & Families, and a unique therapeutic Summer Camp for Youth with Autism. Our Metro Crisis Coordination Program (MCCP) offers a safety net of crucial and cost-effective services for adults and children.
Pay: $15.75-$21.65 DOQ, Starting, with an additional $3.00 weekend & overnight differentials.
$1500 Retention bonus for full time or $750 for part time paid out over one year.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- maintains living unit
- must remain awake and alert during the entire shift
- completes special cleaning projects
- handles medical and behavioral concerns
- greets/monitors clients upon arriving to work
- communicates with evening staff to discuss any client concerns
- locks all exits properly
- assists clients with overnight concerns or emergencies as needed
- communicates with morning staff on any client concerns
- assists clients with activities of daily living and personal cares
- participates in interdisciplinary team process: assists with developing, and implementing goals
- documents electronically program data and daily log information accurately and in a timely fashion
- assists with daily household maintenance, housekeeping, performs assigned cleaning and tasks
- attends and maintains current mandatory training
- ensures adequate supervision of clients, including “if your shift replacement does not arrive, you are expected to remain on shift at your worksite until a suitable replacement staff has been located and arrives to replace you.”
- works harmoniously with and shows respect for employees, supervisors, vendors and clients
- communicates effectively with others at work verbally and in writing, using the primary spoken language of clients in the home
- administers medications without errors
- reads and follows company policies and procedures
- demonstrates mastery of basic computer skills
- performs other duties as assigned
- must have an interest /experience in working with Developmental Disabilities.
- currently employed as a full time DSPO for at least 1 year
- has successfully completed Med Administration course and is regularly passing meds using correct procedures without error
- certified in CPR
- demonstrated skills and good judgement with crises
- has developed skills beyond the basic requirements of the job
- applies special areas of knowledge to work in a way that increases the quality of the organization
- active member of the household team
- surpasses the minimum expectations for house cleaning
- Must pass Department of Human Services background check and maintain” qualified” status
- Must not be excluded from working in government health programs by the Office of Inspector General
- Must be able to successfully complete company’s basic job skills assessments
- Must have a valid current driver’s license and must have vehicle insurance as required by state law
Benefits: Full time employees receive a comprehensive and competitive benefit package, including:
- Medical insurance with company sponsored health reimbursement account and health savings account
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance; employee, spouse and children’s coverage options
- Long-term disability and short-term disability
- Flexible spending; medical and dependent care
- 403B retirement plans that match after 1 years of employment
- Paid time off up to three weeks annually which increases after the first year of employment
- Opportunity for usage of our private vacation property west of Duluth (McGregor, MN)
- Awards for outstanding employee performance and promotion opportunities
- Generous tuition reimbursement and scholarship opportunities!
- Many opportunities for advancement. Mount Olivet Rolling Acres promotes from within
Cherishing the big-hearted heritage of our beginnings, we actively advocate for equity and inclusion for the individuals we serve and for our employees. Healthy. Happy. Human. Join us. MORAcares.org/careers/
Mount Olivet Rolling Acres is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.