Job Summary: Junior Direct Support Professionals assists client/s with all the activities of daily living, personal cares and program implementation. Responsible for the daily well-being and safety of the client/s he/she supervises. Ensure adequate supervision of client/s; assist with household maintenance and housekeeping.
Mount Olivet Rolling Acres – MORA – is a diverse and inclusive nonprofit has supported adults, seniors and children with developmental disabilities, behavioral health needs as well as age-related and chronic medical conditions for over 50 years in the Twin Cities metro.
An array of services: Adult Day Services, Contracted Case Management, Community Supports, over 30 Residential Homes, Respite, Therapeutic Recreation, Training for Guardians & Families, and a unique therapeutic Summer Camp for Youth with Autism. Our Metro Crisis Coordination Program (MCCP) offers a safety net of crucial and cost-effective services for adults and children.
Pay: $12.75 per hour. Schedule: Working hours and schedules could include day, evening and weekend hours. 10 – 30 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions and Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- assists client/s with activities of daily living and personal care
- accompanies client/s to community activities
- participates in interdisciplinary team process: assists with developing, and implementing goals
- documents electronically program data and daily log information accurately and in a timely fashion
- assists with daily household maintenance, housekeeping
- ensures adequate supervision of client/s
- works harmoniously with and shows respect for employees, supervisors, vendors and client/s
- communicates effectively with others at work verbally and in writing, using the primary spoken language of client/s in the home
- completes all mandatory training, including all-staff training days
- reads and follows company policies and procedures
- demonstrates mastery of basic computer skills
- performs other duties as assigned
- interest/experience in working with persons with Developmental Disabilities
- must pass Department of Human Services background check and maintain “qualified” status
- must not be excluded from working in government health programs by the Office of Inspector General
- must be able to successfully complete company’s basic job skills assessments
Opportunities to advance with experience.
Cherishing the big-hearted heritage of our beginnings, we actively advocate for equity and inclusion for the individuals we serve and for our employees. Healthy. Happy. Human. Join us. MORAcares.org/careers/
Mount Olivet Rolling Acres is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.