Job Summary: Registered Nurse (RN) assists in promoting a hygienic environment, healthy lifestyle, and all aspects of healthcare for clients.
Mount Olivet Rolling Acres – MORA – is a diverse and inclusive nonprofit that has supported adults, seniors and children with developmental disabilities, behavioral health needs as well as age-related and chronic medical conditions for over 50 years in the Twin Cities metro.
An array of services: Adult Day Services, Contracted Case Management, Community Supports, over 30 Residential Homes, Respite, Therapeutic Recreation, Training for Guardians & Families, and a unique therapeutic Summer Camp for Youth with Autism. Our Metro Crisis Coordination Program (MCCP) offers a safety net of crucial and cost-effective services for adults and children.
Salary Range: $27.00-$34.58 per hour, DOQ; $1500 Retention bonus for full time paid out over one year.
Key Duties and Responsibilities of a Registered Nurse (RN):
- Arrange for routine/emergency medical/dental care and accompany clients, when appropriate
- Monitor clients’ health concerns
- Promote a hygienic environment and healthy lifestyle
- Provide needed medical care to clients
- Provide medical knowledge to care givers
- Promote infection control, accident prevention
- Communicate with families, guardians, and supervisors
- Administer quarterly assessments and evaluations
- Assist in writing reports, forms, and assessments
- Assist in writing height and weight records
- Train staff in first aid, CPR, medication administration, etc, as assigned
- Give employees health care instructions
- Perform nursing duties as allowed by your state licensure
- Provides training in consumer care to new hires and on-going/annual training to all household staff
- Ensures adequate supervision of clients
- Works harmoniously with and shows respect for employees, supervisors, vendors and clients
- Performs other duties as assigned
- must have current nursing license as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Minnesota
- work experience or training with Developmental Disabilities
- computer and word processing skills
- must pass Department of Human Services background check and maintain “qualified” status
- must not be excluded from working in government health programs by the Office Of Inspector General
- must be able to successfully complete company’s basic job skills assessment
- if using own vehicle for company business, must have a current valid driver’s license and must have insurance as required by state law
Benefits: Full time employees receive a comprehensive and competitive benefit package, including:
- Medical insurance with company sponsored health reimbursement account and health savings account
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance; employee, spouse and children’s coverage options
- Long-term disability and short-term disability
- Flexible spending; medical and dependent care
- 403b retirement plans that match after 1 years of employment
- Paid time off up to three weeks annually which increases after the first year of employment
- Opportunity for usage of our private vacation property west of Duluth (McGregor, MN)
- Awards for outstanding employee performance and promotion opportunities
- Generous tuition reimbursement and scholarship opportunities!
- Many opportunities for advancement. Mount Olivet Rolling Acres promotes from within
Cherishing the big-hearted heritage of our beginnings, we actively advocate for equity and inclusion for the individuals we serve and for our employees. Healthy. Happy. Human. Join us. MORAcares.org/careers/
Mount Olivet Rolling Acres is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.